A New Chapter

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ist Quarter

Well, the first quarter of my senior year has come and gone. I figure I should give a summury of what has gone on.

This senior year almost never happened do to some sins I made this summer, but by only God's grace, I was allowed to come back. Unfortunately, because of it, I've lost some close friends, but yet, I've also gain some friends due to it.

First, it has been amazing being the soccer manager. I love the away games because I get to talk to Mr. Johns the whole way. Plus, the guys have been great to watch. So many close games this year, but hopefully, we'll obliterate everybody during state.

Second, the friends thing. I was completely surprised, but Rachel is really cool friend. I never would have guessed that we would be friends, but thanks to Mr. Sagendorf's history class, we have. Also, it has been great growing close to my cousin. We grew apart because of the different schools, but united we are thanks to faith. I miss some of the past year's seniors like Tirzah and Jenni and a few others who left like Brandon, but the internet is a great invention.

Third, my schedule has been a royal pain, but somehow, I've got straight A's. I did have to walk the line a little with four A minuses, but I made it. Micro is the hardest yet second favorite class. It is sort a similar to my future job. (My favorite class will always be Chemistry).

Fourth, the Bears finally have a great team. They scared me to death against the Cardinals, but 6-0.

Fifth, our bowling team has been up and down. Everybody leaves, no new recruits, maybe time to move on, but somehow, God saved the best recruits for last. Our team isn't as good, but they bring back the fun in the game. It will be a fun year being Captain.

Sixth, I've seen relationships popping up. Then as soon as they appear they disappear. The only thing that will stand true at Faith is the fact that I'm single, but trust me, I'm not complaining. Way too many emotions and complexities tied within a relationship.

Seventh, My volunteer job. I love it. It is really fun working in a pharmacy, but mainly, I like most of my co-workers. I guess I fit in more with smart college students than my fellow high schoolers, but that is only because I'm so unique. Too bad some of them are leaving though.

I think I'll end it here. It is amazing what God can fit into life between 9 weeks. Hopefully, the next quarter will be as great as the first or really, as spiritually tough as the first one.

Until next time,
The Last Class Rep

3 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger jhurl said…

    Man, Newton, I am glad that you had a great 1st quarter. I am looking forward to what the year still has to bring. I am really glad that the Lord is working in your life. Just be like the bears, when knocked down, just get right back up. Later. I kind of miss blogging. Oh well. Peace.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    O Senior year...those were some good times! I'm glad to hear that your class is havin such a good time! And you didn't give up on the bowling team...VERY cool! well, i'm sure that the next three quarters will be equally as great as this one! Have fun!
    And your totally Right!!!hangin out with college students is pretty fun... i'm not gonna lie...we're awsome :)

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Joy said…

    that was a good summary of your senior year...i liked it. sounds like you're really enjoying your last year of highschool! i know i did. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home