A New Chapter

Monday, September 11, 2006

Guys and Girls

Probably one of the biggest issues we teens go through is this whole thing about Guys and Girls. Honestly, I know I have been burned in the past and that is why I just STAY AWAY from girls, but I still think an outside perspective can those of you who are in the ring.

I guess the real reason I'm writing this article is because a person whose viewpoint I majorly respect told me that all guys are looking for in a girl is like an ice cream cone- sweet and melts in seconds. She was so adament about it that I had to take a strong hard look at everything. Looking back, I would believe most guys currently have those viewpoints. The only thing is that she said there was not a single decent guy in Faith- one with a proper view of girls. Again, I would say most, but not all.

Of course, I think part of the problem is that girls actually think like this. It causes a problem when the 1% of decent guys aren't given a chance. I'm not saying that I'm one of the decent, but honestly, I don't look at how cute a girl is. Seriously, the girls I like are because of how they serve others and are virtuous. So I have to be better than most guys, but yet when it comes to just being friends with a girl, instantly I'm being called a staker and a freak.

So the problem is 50/50. Yes, guys are a little shallow, but I believe girls can be just as shallow.

Of course, I'm saying this without any research. So, let's turn this into a debate. Are all guys just plain shallow or are girls just as shallow too? I feel this is an important issue because I want to definitely fix myself if I am one of the shallow.

Just plainly, what do you think?

The Last Class Rep

4 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Topher said…

    The point is we (chicos and chicas) are all selfish, therefore we are all shallow at some time or another.

    You will never hear a girl say "I wish Brad Pitt would put his shirt back on and do some virtuous service projects"

    I like how this girl that you speak of seems to be able to mysteriously probe into every guy's mind at Faith and find, in exact detail, what his perspective is on girls. And what exactly is this "right" perspective on girls that she talks about? I'm assuming by "right view" she means "her personal view", which is undoubtedly the perfect opinion on the matter.
    This is not an attack in any way; its just the way we all are. This is all to say that every human action or thought (including those involving issues in the dating/romance realm) can be reduced down to selfishness.
    Oh in my world, everyone would cut off their genitalia and live in peace.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    There are alot of guys out there...who are looking for the wrong thing! But since i've been at Purdue, i know that as far as Faith guys go , the girls don't realize how good they have it! I for one am a huge fan of faith guys...obviously, but in my experience there are guys at faith who have the wrong motives, but there are also a lot that have the right ones! No one can judge all guys as being pigs...and i'll be the first to admit that girls can be very shallow ! I can can be very shallow! So as long as you like a girl for the right reasons...then don't worry what other people say...you have to be the judge for your motives cause your the only one who really knows them!

    And Chris is right...brad pitt will probably never be asked to put his shirt back on!!!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger My Ephipany said…

    Relationships in my mind are a hit or miss matter in all honesty. People look for different things in a relationship so it's really hard to make comparisons. Things I have observed with my latest switch to Harrison is that times are changing, and there changing fast. Girls are becoming more shallow and more aggressive. I hate to say it, but from what I have seen that is the way the majority are going. The girls want to be in control of there relationships and if there not well, then the guy gets to take the lonely road. There are some however who like to take things the slow and traditional path, but those few are dying out. Sometimes I think guys and girls don't appreciate what they have in front of them and wish they could add other features or characteristics of another person they see around them to there current relationship, but that's just how I feel about it.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger turza said…

    this is all so depressing. I have been reading the book "i kissed dating goodbeye": an EXCELLENT book (even though i have no dating which i kissed goodbye.....) but its all about the mentality. Its not about having a boyfriend or not having one/ how far you go with them (shallowness) is not the issue. Its how pure can i be, myself personally. Everyone is shallow or has been at one point. You cant change anyone but yourself.

    And for me personally it wasnt about speed-dating (how many boyfriends/girlfriends can i have....) but about how i relate to members of the opposite gender so as not to be flirtatous but to lead them on with spiritual encouragement. So long as I am doing the right thing, no matter who accuses me of whatever biased grudges they hold, as long as God and I know the truth its good.

    Faith guys are great! Yeh they are all superficial in some repects and some more than others, but hey as jenni said compared to purdue guys........keep up the good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home