A New Chapter

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Rock

****This is the first article I wrote after making my new blog. It is probably my best. So I feel it is time to republish it.****

The Rock is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has three great actors with Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, and Ed Harris. The movie is about an Military legend (Ed Harris) who has seen countless soldiers die under his command, but because it was covert, top secret missions, his soldiers never receive any compensation. As he says, "These men didn't even get a **** Military Burial." He has tried for years to convince the government to recognize the soldiers, but they never do. So he and his closest men storm a military base and steal biological weapons. With the weapons, they take over Alcatraz and threaten to destroy San Francisco unless the U.S. takes money from its illegal arms sales and recompensates his soldiers.

Nicolas Cage is the FBI's best chemical agent, and Sean Connery is a top secret British agent who was locked up for life because of the top secret information he captured. The two of them are able to take down the rogue marines and save the world. You really have to check out the movie because Ed Harris actually turns back to the good side, but his men kill him for it.

In the end, Ed Harris's objective was honorable. Truly, his men were forgotten when they died for their country, but when Harris's lust for recompensation is not satisfied, that is when he sins and starts the quarrel. I bring this up because it is a great example and one thing I learned in my counseling session today. Everything I said completely agrees with the Bible.

James 4:1,2 "What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. "

I wrote this example about the Rock because I recognize that I was doing the same thing. My time at Faith, I have always been one of the minority views. I love Da Bears, Bowling, etc. I just don't agree with some of the basketball stuff, but that doesn't mean I should turn it into my enemy. Maybe there is a problem with some of the Faith stuff, but that doesn't give me the right to start spouting off and waging war. This is where I have majorly sinned over my 4 years at Faith. So, to everyone who is reading this blog and is from Faith, I sincerely apologize for my actions and words I have said. Truly, I have sinned against most of you. As in the words of the Great Gunslinger, Roland of Gilead, "I cry your pardon." (From the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King)

I think in this few weeks from school I have greatly grown. Man, it is unbelievable the stuff I have learned about Leadership and Authority. So just continue praying and maybe recognize yourself a few areas that you have fallen just as I have.

Henri Le Chatlier

P.S. Another major verse I have learned is Romans 13:1 "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities for there are no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."

3 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Kyndall said…

    I'm glad you're growing and learning more. You know, you're starting to sound like a Faith goer. Hehehe! Don't give up, change is never easy, but it's worth it in the end. I'll be praying for you.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger contrairemkatie27 said…

    hmmm

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger turza said…

    sumbiting to authority is one of those 'easier said than done' sure i'd love to say that for the most part i do what im told etc. . and i may, but in my heart im not doing it, its still sin. ditto to what kyndall said.
    Hope this heat dies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home