A New Chapter

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Worldly Things

I dedicate this blog to a few of my fellow bloggers and close friends.

I have been reading in the past and on some current blogs about the desires of being fashionable. (ok, you guessed it, I've been reading a few girls blogs) I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to be fashionable, but I do want to warn you of a few things I thought I was detecting in the articles.

1 John 2:15-17
15Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
17The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

It felt like to me that a few of you were willing to trade away anything to look great. Maybe I'm just imagining things, but this advice can't hurt.

I know what it is like. I would give anything in the world to be skinny, normal size. It is hard when I'm around friends because they are normal, but I'm not. But I just wanted to tell you all that in the end, will it really matter? When we get to Heaven, we all will be the same. So don't spend every minute of every day wishing you had a wonderful body. As the verses say, the things of the world will pass away.

Now, of course, don't go to the other extreme and not take care of your body. Our bodies are a temple of God and we should take care of it, but just don't lust after being like supermodel thin or etc, etc. As much as it is hard to say, those things are worldly.

I hope this helps a few of you. Don't think I'm trying to pick on a certain few. I have problems with the exact same thing, but just try to think about what the verses say and what the Lord is doing in your daily life.

Henri Le Chatlier

3 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Kyndall said…

    I agree Andy. It is so important to work more on the innerman than the outerman. Beauty is greater on the inside than on the out. Remember, God looks at the heart.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger turza said…

    Thanks andy! its so hard to forget all that God has blessed me with and to get caught up in what i dont have instead of what i do!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Roxy said…

    Henri-
    thanks for backing me up on the whole M.Night Shymalan thing. Glad you have good taste like me lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home