A New Chapter

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Counseling Update

Today, I had my fourth counseling session with Pastor Woodall y my parents, and I just had to share some of it.

The movie example- I saw the Spiderman 3 trailor (which is wicked awesome- www.videodetectives.com) I like it because his enemy is venom which for all you non spiderman people is basically himself. An enemy goo takes over spiderman and he has to fight his inner conflicts. I found this interesting because this summer I've been cleaning out the inner closests.

My problem is a view life as a constant war. It is time to draw the line and face off. Unfortunately, I turn way too many people into my enemies. Ok, everyone once in a while, maybe the other person did make a mistake, but basically, my anger got the better of me.

In case this happens to you, I just want to share a few verses before you start to take revenge.

1 Peter 2:21-25
21For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,
22WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;
23and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously;
24and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
25For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

Application- Always remember that while Christ was on earth, He NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER, etc, etc. took revenge against those who sinned against him. So, first, don't do it.
Second, Christ did this so that we could have a second chance. So, don't condemn a person for when they slip up and fall into sin. Basically, look at the person, not the sin. Always remember that God forgave us, so forgive others.

Again, continue praying for me because I've learned alot, but now it is time to really prove whether or not I am going to ever change.

Henri Le Chatlier

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Kyndall said…

    Andy, I think it is great that you are so willing to change and working hard at it. I know you will continue to do well and grow more. You're sounding more and more like a Faithy.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Roberto said…

    If you ever need to talk with someone, you can call me up. Just fyi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home